Be sure to use an adhesive color selection chart to review the properly coded adhesive for respective HI-MACS® sheet color selected. It is important to “adhere” to the recommendations set forth by HIMACS. This will ensure proper color match and the finished glue lines.
- Bulk adhesive cartridges typically provide 1000mm of seaming.
- Normal cure time is about 40 minutes in 21 degrees C.
If hotter, your working time is greatly reduced and, if cooler, your working time is greatly enhanced. Consider this as you begin assembly. You do not want to get too far ahead of yourself if it is warm. You will end up with a mess.
- Remember to consider scuff-sanding joints for better bonding using 60 grit sand paper.
- Before applying the adhesive, clean all areas being bonded with denatured alcohol and a clean white rag.
Be sure to look for dirt, pencil marks, and oily fingerprints on all bonding surfaces and remove them.
- Assemble the cartridge in the seaming gun with a fresh disposable mixing tip.
After each use, remove and replace this tip.
The adhesive in the tip will set up just as the seams do on your materials.
To ensure the best bond, remember to keep up the maintenance of your mixing tip.
If you are finished gluing for the day, you can leave the tip on and place it in your storage refrigerator.
The next time you use it you only need to change the tip.
- As you get ready to apply adhesive and begin assembly of your HI-MACS® top, remember to purge the tip.
This is done by squeezing out a bead of approximately the length of the tip. This ensures trapped air has worked itself from the mixing tip and that the catalyst and adhesive have properly mixed and are ready
- Gun Type
- Tube Type
2010 HI-MACS® Adhesive Color List
Tools for HI-MACS® Fabrication
- Generally particle board of 15mm with melamine layered on one side of the board.
- However, for quality fabrication and to prevent sheet warping, it is recommended to use at least 18mm particle board with both side melamine layered. This will cause stable quality for shrink and expansion caused by heat and moisture.
- If you use one side layered particle board, it is very weak for moisture, this will cause bad fabrication quality.
- One layered
- Double layered
- Grinder is used to eliminate the residue of glue when the glue gets hard.
- It is not appropriate to cut HI-MACS®, and only used for sanding the tough surface of the sheets.
- It is used for cutting sheets at installation field.
- The height of blades should be 5~10mm higher than the sheet and do not put two sheets together to cut.
- It is used to hold sheet to sheet while hardening the adhesive between HI-MACS®.
- A basic fabrication shop will need 500 to 1000 hand-spring clamps in order to work on multiple projects at one time and provide the installation crew with their requirements. Specifically, you will need one clamp placed every 5cm along the leading edge of the build-up edge perimeter.
- You can also use spring clamp for more comfortable work. It is more convenient to use because it has its one pressure power to hold the sheets.
- The process of fabrication has a great deal to do with sanding.
Good sanding/finishing takes a great deal of skill and time. Quality procedures need to be put in place, and quality training, sanders, and papers must be used.
- Orbital sanders are essential for quality gloss finish and sand papers are used numbers from #120 > #240> #320> #400> #600> #1000(very glossy)
- You need to adjust proper sand paper according to its glossy grade.
- Generally, Use 3,000~4,000 rpm speed.
- A router is a must have piece of equipment for through cuts, profiles and general fabrication. The power and RPM speed minimize chipping and provide precision high quality cuts.
Sliding table saw
- When cutting sheets into length and width directions, it offer better result than jig saw and more comfortable.
- Easily work with apron and backsplash.
Computer Numerical Control
- This machinery processes the materials efficiently and quickly on large jobs.
It offers the consistent ability to manufacture components while maximizing material yields.
- Can work with 3dimensional fabrication like sculpture, art crafts.
- When making sink counter, it makes groove on the joint and makes it easier for back splash and apron.
- Gun Type Cartridge
- Jig Saw-Blade
- Router Bite
The list of suggested materials suppliers
Finesse-It compounding liquid
Finesse-It finishing liquid
|Random Orbital Sanders||
Polisher hook and loop pad
Use & care liquid
Black & Decker
DuPont Finall Glaze
Hope's Countertop Polish