1. Adhesive or Bond Failure
- a. Failure to scuff, sand or clean joint before bonding.
- b. Improper support of deck or overhang seams.
- c. Improper mixing of seam kit or dry catalyst tube.
- d. Expired or old adhesive.
- a. HI-MACS® countertop fabricated with stress riser.
- b. Failure to radius inside corner at least 13mm
- c. Failure to install tops on level plane surface.
- d. Failure to use heat tape at countertop cutout.
- e. Failure to reinforce countertops, cutouts and seams.
- f. Failure to allow a 1/8" gap every 10' for expansion.
- g. Failure to use silicone adhesive on dissimilar materials.
- h. Failure to cover all bonding surfaces with adhesive.
3. Discolored seams
- a. Failure to use clean : White, lint free rags.
- b. Failure to clean joints with denatured alcohol before adhering.
4. Uneven Surface Finish
- a. Use of a belt sander on countertop surface.
- b. Failure to use appropriate grit abrasive on sand paper
- c. sanding on one spot too long.
- d. Failure to control X&Y motion of sander equally.
- a. Failure to fabricate and install countertop on level, plane surface.
- b. Failure to store received materials properly as prescribed.
- c. Failure to add 1/8" gap for expansion every 10'
- d. Failure to use heat tape on countertop cutouts.